The CDC urges individuals to take these measures to protect themselves and others:
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Practice social distancing by staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible. Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick. Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
In accordance with these CDC issued measures, the following is what to expect at the time of inspection.
We take your health and our health very seriously. All possible precautions will be taken for the home inspection. If entry into an occupied property must be made, the following precautions will be made.
1. Upon arrival, the appraiser will introduce themselves. At this time it will be asked of the owner to open all doors, to provide access to all areas including mechanical areas. These areas are to have lights on, to provide the appraiser well lite areas, in attempts to provide a "touchless" appraisal process.
2. The appraiser will perform a walk through, taking necessary photos, and additionally asks that a minimum 6' distance exist during this time. Upon the walk through inspection, the appraiser will be wearing a mask. (This protocol may change in time, and is based upon the borrower/appraiser agreement).
3. Information needed by the appraiser will be obtained on the exterior and at an acceptable social distance, or via telephone.
4. Upon exiting of the subject, the appraiser will sanitize items used in addition to hands.
5. It is both the appraisers responsibility and home owners responsibility to reschedule the appointment if anyone in the home should be sick, or has been sick in the past 14 days.